Hi all you physics guys and gals!
The MQ OSA Student Chapter will be holding our annual departmental soccer comp next month on the 9th December, from 2pm. The main event will be held up near the Macquarie Gym on one of the outdoor multipurpose courts.
The event will be a round-robin competition, with teams of up to five players made up of academics and/or students. Team names and colours/outfits are encouraged. Each game will likely run for less than ten minutes.
The top teams will battle it out in the finals, with the Grand Final winners being awarded a coveted OSA trophy, and a year’s worth of bragging rights.
We will also be recruiting new members and will have a sign up sheet. You can join the OSA chapter with or without a full OSA membership – although we do recommend becoming a full OSA member to take advantage of
- free subscriptions to Physics Today and Optics & Photonics News (print and online)
- Discounts on OSA conferences
- Discounts on American Institute of Physics (AIP) and McGraw Hill publications
- grants, awards and fellowships
- networking opportunities and events
See this link for full details
There will also be some refreshing beverages provided during/after the games.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your team members and team names or for more information.